From:
Karen Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:55:30 -0400
I'm trying to find out how much fish oil my mother should be taking to treat her hypertension. She was on a vegetarian diet for many years, and I think she's deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids (as well as certain minerals, but we're working on that). She's eating some animal foods now and increasing her protein and eliminating refined carbs. But the amounts of omega-3 oils from her foods are probably not in the therapeutic range, since I've heard some here say that they're taking 5 grams.

Understanding that this isn't medical advice, could someone recommend a protocol for using fish oil supplements for hypertension, or lead me to any pertinent information?

Thanks,
Karen