BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Renee Rentmeester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 21:52:34 EDT
Hi!

I knew I had to write something, but I had to wait until my emotions settled
down.  This weekend, I was able to do this.

            Take Care,

            Ren'ee
            www.visionworldfoundation.org

P.S. If you like this kind of poetry, "Visions From A Dream Called Life" is
on our website.

THE DAY THE ANGELS CRIED
By Ren'ee Rentmeester

They streamed in from around the land, a flowing river of people, a sight so
grand.

A mother saw her daughter she hadn't seen in years.  A father greets his son,
fighting back the tears.

It was the day the angels cried.

Grandmothers held grandchildren they had known only as babes.  An uncle meets
his niece with a warm embrace.  A grandfather sees his grandson with a
queried look on his face.

It was the day the angels cried.

For years they had watched from the heavens above, raining on them
unconditional love. Stowing away in their loved ones hearts, until  today
when they helped their new lives start.

It was the day the angels cried, you see, because they were reunited with
their family. Mothers and children, grandparents and such, crying for the
souls they had missed so much.  It was the day when their loved ones took
their forever breath…of everlasting life and not loathsome death.

It was that crisp autumn day when the world bled hate and moral decay, and
everyone thought love had gone away.    But, the angels, thinking on a much
higher plane, knew there was reason for this unbearable pain.

The cherished souls were born into brilliant light, no longer enduring a
living night.  On the wings of sunlight they were set free, this river of
souls would only feel glee.  Exulted into eternity, reunited in love, the
angels wept openly from heaven above.

As their tears fell unto the earth with a torrential force, compassion
reigned freely from this powerful source.  And as the grandmother hugged her
granddaughter in the everlasting sky, they realized they had never said
good-bye.  All her life they were connected by the breath of love as the
grandmother had guided her from the clouds above.  Silently she had whispered
fairytales to her granddaughter's soul, and now embraced her heavenly spirit,
relieving her woes.

It was the day the angels cried.