RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 06 Dec 1996 22:34:29
I recently bumped into Gandhi & got his take on the NFL: "The
term Satyagraha was coined by me...in order to distinguish it
from the movement then going on...under the name of 'Passive
Resistance.'  Its root meaning is 'holding on to truth,' hence
'force of righteousness.'  I have also called it love force or
soul force.  In the application of Satyagraha, I discovered in
the earliest stages that pursuit of truth did not permit
violence being inflicted on one's opponent, but that he must be
weaned from error by patience & sympathy.  For what appears
truth to one may appear to be error to the other.  And patience
means self-suffering.  So the doctrine came to mean vindication
of truth, not by the infliction of suffering on the opponent,
but on one's self." [written by a vegetarian fond of fasting for
prolonged periods while reading Shelton]

After talking to Mr. G., I spoke to Eleanor Roosevelt.  We both
agreed that anybody who can juxtapose Hillary & Chuckie Manson
holds a warm place in our hearts.  It does indeed take a village
to indoctrinate a child.

Then Gandhi popped in again, & try as I might he would not
comment on either the AFL or expansion teams in general.

--Doug Schwartz