RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Steven M. Serisky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 01:29:25 -0500
Here is another list of books...mostly concerning juicing and fasting.
This list is from the following web page:

http://www.newveg.av.org/raw_juice_fast.htm

Comments would be welcome on these books as well.  At the end of the list I
have written a short book review of a few of the books.

Steve

RAW FOODS--JUICING--FASTING

"Nature's First Law: The Raw-Food Diet".  In a ruthlessly logical manner,
the authors describe how a raw-food, fruit based diet is not just another
nutritional fad, but is the key insight into uncovering humanity's orgins
and destiny. It is, in fact, the secret of life and lasting genetic health.
By boldly declaring that "cooking food is poison" and demonstrating that "
cooking is an unnatural activity," Nature's First Law has overturned
civilization's most basic assumption.
Arlin, Fouad, Wolfe. Paperback. 218 pp.<Picture>$14.95

"Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda".  The benefits of uncooked foods from a
scientific and experiential viewpoint. Includes an historical account of
those advocates of such a diet.
Joe Alexander. Paperback. 160 pp.<Picture>$12.95

"Food Enzymes: The Missing Link To Radiant Health".  A practical and
concise guide that explains the importance of food enzymes and how to best
secure our needs for them.
Humbart Santillo. Paperback. 60 pp.$5.95

"Intuitive Eating".  A guide to implementing a transitional diet in
creating a balalnced relationship with food, with practical directions in
the use of fresh juices and enzymes.
Humbart Santillo. Paperback. 424 pp.$16.95

"The Christ Diet".  Discover food's vital connection to your spirituality
and unlock the secrets to physical and spiritual health.
Charles Hunt. Paperback. 216 pp.$14.95

"The Health Seekers' Yearbook".   A revolutionist's handbook for getting
well and staying well. "Natural Hygiene" principles and practices explained
in detail, including many vegetarian recipes and an entire year of menus.
Victoria Bidwell. Oversized paperback. 424 pp. $25.00

"Improving on Pritikin--You Can Do Better".  Examining both the positive
and negative factors associated with the "Pritikin Diet," giving evidence
that grains and beans can contribute to various metabolic disorders.
Ross Horne. Paperback. 222 pp.$12.95

"Independently Healthy: The Ultimate Freedom".  An inspiritational and
philosophical outlook on health and healing, touching upon the benefits of
fasting and raw foods.
Ray Kent. Paperback. 83 pp.$7.00

"The Health Formula".  Exercise plus a raw food diet equals great health. A
great introduction to "natural hygiene" principles.
T.C. Fry Paperback. 145 pp.$9.95

"Fruit the Food and Medicine For Man".  Explains the superior value of
uncooked fresh fruit as an aid to health and fitness.
Morris Krok. Paperback. 152 pp.$8.95

"Sprout It! One Week From Seed To Salad".  Step by step instructions on
sprouting over 30 varieties of grains, beans, and seeds to obtain
nutritious organic food throughout the year.
Steve Meyerowitz. Paperback. 203 pp.$10.95

"Wheatgrass: Nature's Finest Medicine".  The history, nutritional value,
therapeutic and first aid application of wheatgrass. How to grow it, how to
juice it, how to use it.
Steve Meyerowitz. Paperback. 60 pp.$5.95

"Juice Fasting and Detoxification".   Guidance in this type of partial fast
whereby the body is able to accelerate its eliminative activities while
still maintaining its energy requirements to continue daily activities.
Steve Meyerowitz. Paperback. 143 pp.$8.95

"The Juiceman's Power of Juicing".  Detailing the author's revolutionary
health program of the many benefits of fresh fruit and vegetable juices.
Jay Kordich. Paperback. 287 pp.$5.99

"The Sprout Garden".  How to liven up meals with delicious gourmet sprouts
that you can grow at home. Over 40 varieties are featured.
Mark Braunstein. Paperback. 128 pp.$8.95

"Conscious Eating".  Presenting an awareness of how the foodwe eat affects
our body, emotions, mind, and spiritual life, using the ayurvedic teachings
to guide the individual.
Gabriel Cousens. Paperback. 521 pp.$19.95

"Fasting For the Health Of It".  The author's story of her experience at a
"hygienic" fasting center. Includes 100 case histories selected from
various "hygienic" fasting centers.
Jean Oswald. Paperback. 251 pp. $11.95

"Fasting and Eating For Health".  A medical doctor's program for conquering
disease.
Joel Fuhrman, M.D. Hardcover. 255 pp.$23.95

Of the above books, here is a short review for the books that I have either
purchased or have heard about:

"The Juiceman's Power of Juicing".
      This is a great juice recipe book, with many vegetable and fruit
juice recipes.  I got a lot of use out of it....especially when I first
started juicing.  I highly recommend it....especially for beginners.

"Juice Fasting and Detoxification".
      I just recently purchased this book....and used it as a guide for my
first fast (3 days).  To me, it seemed like a good book....but since it is
the only book on fasting that I have read, I have nothing to compare it
too.

"Sprout it"
     I have also just recently purchased this book.  Along with the book, I
also purchased the authors "Sprout Bag".  So far I have grew three
different batches of sprouts utilizing the sprout bag (peas, lentils and
wheat berries).  The peas came out ok ( I ate them all, so I guess that
means they were good!),  the lentils were so-so, and the wheat berries were
not that good. I still have many more different kinds of sprouts to test.
The sprout bag is extremely easy to use...basically, you just rinse and
hang.  I haven't read the entire book yet.

Nature's First Law: The Raw-Food Diet".
     This book I have not read.  If I happen to somehow end up with a copy
in my possession then I will take a look at it out of curiosity, -but I
will not buy it-.  I have heard too many negative things about it.  On the
old veg-raw (now raw-food) list, from what I saw, the authors appeared to
be very arrogant and dislikable.  This is putting it lightly.