RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christian Schlepphorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:29:26 +0100 (MET)
 > Christian said:
 > >But to my knowledge *all commercially rised animals' food is
 > >fortified with B12 (bacteria colonies)*. No wonder it shows up in the
 > >tissues. I heard that they wouldn't thrive without it(!)

 > They are probably lacking B12 because of all the antibiotics they are
 > fed.

 > Christian said:
 > >The whole B12 thing is a very complicated and frustrating thing to me
 > >(beeing severly deficient according to blood test)

 > B12 deficiency is nothing to play with and has in some rare cases
 > caused irreversible nerve damage. If you are still eating eggs, I am
 > surprised that your levels are that low - maybe eggs do not contain
 > any? If you are not willing to eat some RAF, your only other option is
 > to supplement.

I eat eggs since october now (about 5 eggs a week). According to the
tables, eggs *should* contain B12. No difference is seen in the test
compared to last spring, but both were below the test threshold (<100
pmol/l). Normal range starts at 148. So maybe my level has rised from
20 to 90?? Don't know. Anyway, the eggs "feel right".

Since the last negative blood test, I finally decided to take
supplements (10mcg tablets, 2/day). If no improvement is seen after a
month, my doctor wants to give me B12 shots i.v. (I.m. shots are a
*real* pain in my ass :-( -- it hurts tremendously).

I tried raw fish ten days ago, together with the snail kid's family. I
bought mackerels from a big supermarket in france where they are
supposed to be fresh daily. Snail kid's mother told me how to clean
the fish and scratch out the flesh. Interestingly, it was not so hard
for me to do the cleaning - not as gross as I thought before.

But, if the Instincto theory is right, and something you need will
smell great and taste like heaven -- fish is definitely not what I
need. It had quite little taste to me, not unpleasant, but very
mild. I ate one small mackerel and in the last third I was already
thinking on what to eat next...

At the same time, the snail kid was raving: "Fish, wanna eat fish!!"
He could hardly wait until his mother had prepared the fish for
him. He ate *two* whole mackerels alone!

On the next morning they offered me a bit of ripe durian. Now I
understand what these instincto people talk all about. It was
*incredible*! I *had* to close my eyes and eat as slowly as I could,
just to make the most of it. (Normally I tend to eat very quickly).

Now what does that mean? Don't I need fish at all? Should I try other
fish (salmon, tuna)? Am I blocked for fish? Should I try to get durian
(at ridiculously high prices: 30$ per kilo - and most is garbage)?

Maybe the body just has to learn which food has what kind of
nutritional value and the right taste and taste change will show up
after some meals? Not so with Durian, it seems.

A bit helpless

Christian