RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 07 Jan 1997 18:13:06 EST
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your concern and prompt action on this matter.  I too
thought it was in poor taste when I discovered it late last night, but
decided play around with it good-naturedly (since it was already too late
to change anything) while still nipping it in the bud as soon as I could.
 I already know of 4 others who were similarly duped besides yourself
(not to mention all the people THEY probably told).  After just
witnessing T.C. Fry's premature demise, a lot of people are in the mood
to accept anything like this right now.

However, I do think you should relent and put these guys back on the
list.  Even though it was not a very mature thing for them to do, we all
make mistakes from time to time, and both Ward and Doug have made very
major contributions to vegraw.  It wouldn't be the same without them.
Peope should be judged by the totality of their works, not by what they
do in a weak moment or two.  I forgive them, and I hope you will too.

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997 14:08:36 -0800 Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>This is to announce that Douglas Schwartz & Ward Nicholson have been
>suspended from veg-raw without warning. Dave and I were seriously
>duped regarding the alleged death of Bob Avery, and I do not have words for
>the outrage I feel about such a tasteless prank being pulled regarding

>such a serious issue. It is an expression of complete contempt for the
>feelings of others in a forum that is for respectful dialogue on
>issues pertaining to a raw foods diet not for the act-out of cruelty and
>perversion.

>Best, Peter
>Moderator

>PS. Should they later on want to rejoin veg-raw, I will reconsider
>their status if my blood ever stops boiling.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])