From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:42:32 -0400
Your friend probably has a hardware decoder card installed but not
configured or not configured properly.  Find the drivers that came with the
decoder card and attempt to load (update) them using Device Manager.  If
this doesn't work, shut down and remove the card and boot without it and
check your Device Manager for conflicts.  If you see a decoder card with a
question mark, remove it.  Shut down then plug in the decoder card.  Boot up
and hopefully Windows will find new hardware, then ask you for the drivers
and all will be well.  You may have a hardware conflict that is preventing
your decoder card from working properly.

> A friend of mine has a computer with a DVD player.  When playing DVDs,
there
> is no sound.  The sound card works.  It plays music.  I'm having him check
> to be sure the sound cable is connected.  Other than that, what could it
be?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com