From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:18:16 -0400
Digicom is Creative Labs (a subsidiary of it). I have a similar ISA from them.  I haven't looked at the user manual recently, but I seem to remember that it had a table of comm ports where it should be.  You can try to reassign it to a new IRQ in device manager by clicking on it, then properties.  There should be a settings tab which will display the IRQ and conflicts, if any.  There is a manual config button there as well.  You can also try to give it a new IRQ in your BIOS settings.  You can check in there to see which comm ports are enabled.  My recollection is that these ISA modems are supposed to be on comm port 3.  If it were on either comm port 1 or 2 I think you'll have an IRQ conflict.
>I have a Digicom Systems DSI v.90 ISA modem.  When I install it, it
>defaults to Comm 4.  There is no Comm 4.
>
>I have removed it, reinstalled using my old drivers and new drivers that
>insist it is a now a creative labs modem (so they didn't work)
>
>Is there a way to force comm 4 in device manager or to manually force this
>modem to accept either comm 1 or 2.  There are no jumpers on this thing.
>
>Thanks,
>
>David Gordon
>Digital Data
>768 E Hwy 66 2D
>Tijeras, NM  87059
>Work     505-281-9789
>Mobile   505-681-0281
>
>                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
>               articles, how-to's, tech tips and much more
>                          http://freepctech.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml