From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:59:04 -0400
Jim and Jo wrote:

You know what?  I'll quote Jo, because I think she said better than I what
it was I was trying to say:  "... when Jim was talking about the 90% and
the 10%, he wasn't referring to the proportion of fats in the diet, but
rather that simply by switching to the paleo diet you are already making a
huge improvement to your health. 90% is just a rough estimate of that
benefit. Sometimes after reading the posts here I find myself worrying
about the details, so I for one find it useful to be reminded that it
doesn't have to be complicated unless you want it to be."

The problem is that my question was to ask more knowledgeable people for
information about saturated fats and unsaturated fats. My question was not
to ask anyone to teach me how to think properly, or the same way they think.
I don't WANT it to be complicated, it IS complicated, and I think anyone who
thinks otherwise is shutting out a whole bunch of possibly valid info. I
don't have the ability to shut out other info and say I'm RIGHT - I leave
that to my vegan friends. I personally don't know a thing about fat, having
barely eaten any for the last 20 some years. It is now a third of my
calories, and I see THAT as a big improvement ot my health. If I were to go
with Ray Peat and eat all saturated fat, however, perhaps in a few years I
would have serious problems.

I don't think it's up to anyone to tell another person how to think or that
they are agonizing or dealing with minutiae. I think people should respect
other people's concerns and keep their judgements out of it, because
different things are important to different people, and noone has a lock on
what's important. People go into excruciating detail about lots of things on
this list, and that's their right. But I appreciate your apology.