From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:37:43 -0500
Maddy wrote:
> I called the company and spoke to "Linda", a customer service
representative.
> She informed me that guar gum was a natural substance added as an
emulsifier,
> to keep the product from separating. I've only opened one can so far, but
> ironically found the liquid/solid portions even more difficult to mix than
> the original formula.

Yes, I find the same thing - the solid and liquid portions are more
separated out than they used to be.  I'm glad you did call customer
service - I think I might do the same & voice my opinion.

deVries wrote:
> I did go to 2 fairly large oriental markets to check on more coconut milk.
> found an interesting product called Coconut Cream by Savoy. It does have
> preservatives, but most all brands I found had preservatives. Coconut
Cream
> is a richer product with a higher fat concentration, but for my use this
is
> better.

The Savoy brand I've found lists no preservatives, only coconut cream and
water on the label.  I found another brand called Tai Tai which has only
coconut milk in the ingredients.  Sorry, haven't yet taste-tested either of
these.

Cheyenne