Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 01:00:22 -0400
Hi Jim,

  You said:

<<I don't know about anyone else, but I have personally noted that high salt
consumption while eating an actual paleo diet is rather hard to even
achieve.  I can no longer even tolerate the levels of salt used in most
"normal" foods and rarely bother to salt things here at home.

While I seem to have no bad effect from using salt ( in relation to my blood
pressure ) and can use as much as I like, I would have to say that I "no
longer like".   :-)   Perhaps that is a strong indicator towards the truth
about salt?  Use what your body needs?  Thoughts, comments?>>

  I find the same thing with salt.  I no longer add salt to my food.  I
think those who feel that higher amounts of salt are necessary are not
taking into consideration the amount of sodium readily available in a paleo
diet, and are not considering that the stuff most people call salt is very
different from naturally occurring salt.  Just the facts that it is so
highly processed and has additives beyond that of salt that occurs naturally
should be an indicator that at th very least, common table salt is not a
desirable food with benefits.

Siobhan