From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:01:34 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/2001 9:41:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Salt is not necessarily the culprit in high blood pressure.  Pre-paleo, I
> had high blood pressure.  On a strict paleodiet which often includes sea
> salt, my blood pressure is consistently below "normal."  My husband has had
> a similar experience, and he does not follow a strictly paleodiet, but he
> avoids grains and white potatoes.
>
> Marylee

Yes, I know carbs are strongly implicated in high blood pressure.  That is
why he is going on this diet with me.  He's an athlete with very low body
fat, so you wouldn't think he'd have high blood pressure.  But he was a
vegetarian for 30 years, and ate a diet almost entirely composed of
carbohydrates--lots of grains and beans.

Still, I don't think salt helps the situation.  We'll see how he does.

     - Sheryl