From:
Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 21:17:53 EDT
I find that when I "cheat" from 100% paleo, its still relatively whole foods
- brown rice (always soaked at least 24 hours), bean soup (again soaked, and
well cooked with kombu seaweed), maybe some tofu (gasp!!!), or the
occassional potato.  So, in the larger scheme of things, I think I'm probably
doing better than 99% of the American public.

Plus, my experience in life is that the element of chaos is always lurking
over my shoulder, so if I remain loose and relaxed about my diet, I can stay
one step ahead.  Its when I get too neurotic, uptight, preachy,
self-rightous, orderly, anal or self absorbed about food that life becomes no
damn fun.

That being said, I just experimented with a great paleo cracker.  Its made
from flax seed and sunflower seeds.  You need a Champion Juicer, tho, to
grind everything and a dehydrater to "cook".  If anyone wants the recipe,
e-mail me privately.  I'm starting homeschool with the cavekids this week, so
be patient with my reply.

Cheers,

Judy Genova, cavegirl