From:
Possum Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:05:10 -0400
Cheyenne Loon wrote:
>I do have a lot of emotions about bannock.  I shamelessly love the stuff,

I have had my share of bannok as well. As bad as it is for you, it does
taste mighty good. I have also had plenty of hard-tack on my treks in the
woods.
My favorite Native food is Buffalo Jerky. THAT is yummy stuff! I also like
Pemmican made with deer meat and blueberries.

>though I've made it a personal mission to destroy this pervasive belief
that it is a "traditional food", I can't forget that it surely stopped my
ancestors from starving to death when the hunting was bad.

The hunting wouldn't have been as bad if the white man had not killed off
the Buffalo.

Kevin Raper
Piedmont, SC, Lower Cherokee Nation