Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:01:41 -0500
Ahhhhh......  In Arizona, it's greasy from lard and dripping with honey....
Never tasted it tho......  Once I observed the condition of the people who
ate it, I didn't want to go near it.....  Obese isn't the word.....
MORBIDLY obese is more like it.....   Never experienced it with my
Grandmother so maybe it's limited to certain tribes.  The Italians have
something similar called Ezeplas....  (sp)  They are dusted with powdered
sugar and some dipped in honey..... Spain and Italy use yeast in the
dough....  The Spanish call these Sopapias.....  (sp)  Same thing, same
sugars......   Oliva