From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:48:29 EDT
Karen Robinson wrote, "I'm trying to find out how much fish oil my mother
should be taking to treat her hypertension. She was on a vegetarian diet for
many years, and I think she's deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids (as well as
certain minerals, but we're working on that). She's eating some animal foods
now and increasing her protein and eliminating refined carbs. But the amounts
of omega-3 oils from her foods are probably not in the therapeutic range,
since I've heard some here say that they're taking 5 grams.
Understanding that this isn't medical advice, could someone recommend a
protocol for using fish oil supplements for hypertension, or lead me to any
pertinent information?"
"Hypertension"-There is no "fish oil" nor food therapy to "treat" it.
There is no "food therapy". Many mistakenly believe that certain foods can
perform specific actions upon the body to effect a cure or treatment. Whether
they be in the form of medicines, herbs, foods, juices, vitamins, minerals,
supplements and/or enzymes, there are no "food cures". Instead the inherent
intelligence, the God within, heals itself. Food has no power to act upon the
living body-the body acts upon the food. The body is active and food is
passive. Food is inert. Food effects the living body only because the body is
forced to react to foods to which it is exposed. The body selectively absorbs
what it needs from foods ingested and rejects the rest. Nothing outside the
living body can heal. All healing comes from the God within.
Dr. Bernarr