From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:33:07 -0400
I was going to suggest the same book ("Lights Out"), having found it
very paleo-relevant.  In a nutshell, they suggest you sleep as much as
possible during the winter, and eat low-carb.  In the summer you can
stay up late and eat lots of fruit & carbs. All the diseases of
civilization, they postulate, comes from our being stuck in summer mode
all year round; year in, year out.

The book sometimes takes on a preachy "if you don't follow this advice
you will surely die" tone, which gets a little irritating, but it's
definitely worth reading.

Cheyenne

ginny and Tomo wrote:
"The book, "Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival", by T.S. Wiley is
concerned with the need for adequate sleep, Paleo sleep, as it were, in
accordance with the length of light and dark periods through the
seasons."