CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lyndy Latta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:29:36 -0500

When my daughter was first diagnosed type 1 (11/8/00) they talked about how
woderful it was for kids with diabetes to go to one of the diabetes summer
camps.  It's a little over a month later and now celiac has joined our
family (in a manner of speaking).

I'm guessing that most or all of the diabetes camps are now out of the
question because they won't be able to deal with a kid who also needs to
follow a gluten free diet.  And, I suspect that any camps for kids with
celiac probably aren't equipped to deal with the diabetes . . . Does anyone
out there know about any camps that are equipped to deal with both????
(I'll be happy to summarize for the list if there are any camps out there)

Also, I'd REALLY like to hear from any parents with girls (ages 8 & up)
with diabetes+celiac . . .

TIA
Lyndy