RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 11:12:07 -0400
> While I agree with Bernarr Zovluck (Dr. Bernarr) that
> cancer would be very rare if we
> lived naturally,

Cancer exists throughout the animal world. Cancer has always existed in
our species as well. Like it or not, disease exists in living things.

Many diseases are inherited. If, you are unfortunate enough to have
inherited a
colon lined with millions of polyps, you are almost certain to have
these
become cancerous.  No amount of good eating will change this.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, disease is
part of the
web of life on earth.

 i disagree with his statement that death is caused by
> treatments.

Animals die of cancer and other diseases. Humans have been dying from
diseases for as long as there have been humans,  long before there were
treatments.

> 3) Discuss diets and/or alternative treatments only if you think
he/she
> might be receptive

A universe of the world's most excellent researchers, dedicated
organizations,
alternative-health advocates, non-mainstream "anti-cancer-establishment"
leaders, international consortiums of scientists, the most brilliant
minds around the globe are looking at every conceivable way to stop
cancer.

How surprising that Bernad Zovluk knows the secret!

Sodium nitrite and charcoaled meat are carcinogenic. But telling someone
to cure their cancer by eating right is like telling someone who started
a forest fire that they can stop it by not lighting
any more matches.

> Otherwise, he/she won't listen, will think you are crazy
> or will be irritated.

 .... at your astonishing ignorance of the subject.

> Our bodies always do the right thing.

Bernard, you evidently don't want to face the reality that sometimes the
"right" thing has nothing to do with your body's own small role
in the wide scheme of things.

Guess what?  The "right" thing for your body might be to die of cancer -
you may be programmed genetically to die at a certain age, of cancer or
an infinite variety of other things that people die of. Raw vegetables
and meditation won't change this.

You have a child's egocentric and lopsided view of the "right" thing -
as if the world revolves around you and things going the way you want.
Guess what? You are as insignificant as a bacteria. Waves of living
things are overcome by predators and parasites and accidents.  The
"right thing" according to what?

> After billions of years of life on
> earth, the God within, the inherent intelligence within each cell of
our
> bodies, has learned to make the optimum adaptation and resolution, to
any
> problem to which our bodies are subjected.

There is a myth - unfounded in science and laughed at by anyone with
even the simplest understanding of biology - that your body is
"programmed" only in the direction of health. This is incorrect. Lots of
bodies are defective, full of mutations and genes causing all kinds of
mischief.

> This
> cancer or whatever the pathology or symptomatology, helps us survive,
despite
> our self-destructive lifestyle, thinking and spirituality.
> This cancer is for our protective benefit.

A malignant tumor the size of a basketball,  growing like a forest fire,
crushing the surrounding organs, growing right into the bone, out
through the skin, suffocating and killing it's victim - this is there
for protective benefit?  Are you nuts?

> The cancer is an attempt of the
God
> within us, to temporarily encapsulate the toxins in our bodies,

Huh? A cancer does not encapsulate anything. It does not surround
anything. What kind of nonsense are you telling people? A cancer is a
clump of cells - cells adhering one to the other - and multiplying at a
hugely rapid rate. There is no "encapsulating" of anything.

> The basic facts as I see them are that a poison is something
> that cannot be assimilated into cell structure. A poison is
> a substance that cannot be used for the benefit of the cells
> in the normal processes of life.

Chemotherapy is poison that is hoped to be more poisonous to the cancer
cell than to the healthy cells in the rest of the body. No one anywhere
thinks that chemotherapy is "good" for your body. The fact that it is
poisonous is precisely why it is useful - it is an attack on cells that
are multiplying out of control.

If we get lucky, chemicals will be created that can hone in on the
cancer only, and leave the rest of the cells alone. Many, many new drugs
are on the near horizon.

> A poison is something the body
> must use valuable nervous energy in expelling from the body before
> any harm can be done. Many substances fall into the category of
> poison ... salt, vinegar, tea, many herbs and coffee to name
> a few common ones. Also into this category fall any and all drugs.
> Penicillin ... Globulin ... Aspirin ... Antibiotics etc. These are
> not food and can not be used by the body. According to my way of
> thinking, an ill body is one that has an excess of 'toxemia' or
> poisons that have built up. The 'disease' is the process the body
> goes through in order to purge these 'toxins'. Now it makes sense to
> me that if the 'disease' is the purging process. The act of the body
> ridding itself of filth. The last thing I want to do is add to the
> burden the body is attempting to rid itself of, by forcing more
> 'poison' on it. i.e.

There is an area of cancer research that focuses on building up of the
immune system rather than attacking the out-of-control growth of the
cancer. No one wants to "burden" the body with more stresses on it.
This is not some radical "new" idea espoused only by natural hygienists.