Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 01:15:41 -0400
<<I'd like to hear how others handle the paleo diet day-to-day, and
especially
how they deal with social eating (dinner out, dinner at friend's houses,
inviting people over--what do you feed them???, etc.).>>

  Eating out - I'm lucky to have a few restaurants in the area that serve
grass-fed meat and organic veggies.  Dinner with friends - they know not to
invite me if they will be insulted by me bringing my own food.  Feeding
others - what I eat is not so weird that others cannot eat it, too.  Fresh
fish, grass-fed meat, organic vegetables - not so weird at all, huh? They
are always welcome to bring their own food if they are frightened by mine.

  <<Re inviting people
over... My brother's family came to visit me last week.  My 6-year-old niece
looked sadly into my refrigerator and said, "I'm hungry, and you don't have
ANYTHING I like!">>

  My answer to children who do this - "Oh well.  Sorry.  Food is for
nourishment. The food I have is nourishing."

   Many children are used to eating real crap for food.  I refuse to
perpetuate the myth that this stuff is really food.  Several of my nephews
were recently here visiting for a few days.  I found the majority of them to
be curious and willing as long as their parents weren't within hearing
distance.  But, as I said, what's so weird about meat, fish, and vegetables?

Siobhan