Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"S.B. Feldman, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:59:58 EDT
> I've read the book "Syndrome X" by Jack Challem, and thought it was quite
> good. I'm not happy with Atkins' approval of commercial meats, bacon, etc.,
> but maybe the basic approach is useful. Have you read the Syndrome X book,
> and do you have an opinion on how it compares?

I don't think Atkins 'approves' commercial meats and the like, rather he
understands  some degree of reality in what is available and affordable. His
basic approach is the foundation for all of the current work as he has
advocated and fought for it for several decades.  I am not familiar with the
book cited.

As for the idea that the improvement in blood pressure is due to less
visceral fat constricting the heart and aorta, I think that is mechanistic,
simplistic, reductionistic...and all wrong.