RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Labedz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 01:18:48 -0500
Hi All!

This is my first and only list, sure has been a fascinating journey so far  -
thanks to all of you!  For the first time I'm having trouble keeping up with
the abundance of messages.  Also, I do appreciate knowing whose contribution
I'm reading so thanks to all who sign them.

Bob,

Thanks for your suggestion re raw roots, sprouts and grains.  I have changed
in recent months and find I like raw plant fat just fine - nuts, seeds and
avos are really satisfying, eat lots of them and am as slim as always
(needless worry there).  There more to the story than eating fat a fat
body, depends on lots of factors.

John,

Re energy:  I find I'm most energetic on the standard NH diet of mostly raw
fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds.  For me, limiting sweet fruits to about
three a day and eating them with nuts or avo, helps the occasional
hypoglycemic reaction I've had when I ate a big bunch of sweet fruit alone.
 May be different for you, of course.  I like getting my chlorophyll from
green leafies, find wheatgrass juice literally nauseating.

Have you taken yoga classes?  I find yoga very energizing as well as a deep
relaxation every afternoon for 20 minutes.  Would like to do one every a.m.
also but under my usual circumstances of being surrounded by my first grade
students, this would be difficult!  They are not too into relaxation!

Kirt,

I share your feelings of gratitude towards our moderators.  A holiday
expression  of this would be most appropriate.

bodhi,

Your joy at receiving the box of M2M's, etc. is surpassed only by mine at
being able to send it to you.

JR,

I had hoped to leave my present carbon based life form without ever having
"flamed" anyone - just not my style.  What did I say?  I'd really like to
know.  What exactly is a "flame" anyway?  I thought it was an insult of some
type.  Surely simply disagreeing is not a flame.

I don't save any of the posts, mine or anybody else's - guess I should start.
 Obviously, I'm new at this list group business.

I really liked your "There is no control......" post, thanks.

Roy,

My son is a critical thinker and quite able to form his own opinion of NFL or
any other book he reads.  I have never read a book with which I agreed
entirely.  I don't view a brief mention of my impression of a book which has
been frequently discussed here as a promotion.  Also, academic/research
credentials no longer impress me as they once did.  I hope the NFL guys stick
around.  Like Bob, I don't like the confrontational, flaming tone of the book
but also understand that for some that may be what works.  Everyone is unique
and different approaches work for different people.  The NLF three are not
the only hostile posters here.  And frankly it seems pretty hostile, and
again, unnecessary, to me to take the life of others to feed oneself.  Humans
are obviously capable of the most extreme cruelty imaginable and equally
extreme compassion and kindness.  What is "natural" for us?  I doubt there's
any way we could ever know.  So I think we are left with using our intellects
to make a choice, a self-definition.

We each have our own path to follow, I'd suggest let's not judge each other
too harshly.

Smiles,

Sandy