RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 23:01:24 -0700
Peter:
>NFL has indeed brought about some very inspired writing but 1)I would
>hate to think that we are dependent of cheap provocations to bring out
>the muse in us. 2) I do not want NFL constantly bringing the RAF issue
>to the forefront at the expense of some more low key exchanges as
>recipes, foraging tips etc. 3) The whole issue of RAW is very sensitive
>& touchy issue for many of us - sure is for me - and stirs up a lot of
>emotions. If we are to investigate this issue in depth, the last we
>need is for NFL to fan the flames. 4) I am concerned of the general
>effect so much on-going negativity will have and that it would create
>an atmosphere of polarization that need not have been there. 5)I want
>this list to remain a safe place to post, and not somewhere where you
>risk getting blasted by NFL. I for one feel intimidated by their take
>no hostage attitudes (Bhodi, my heart starts beating faster too, when I
>read their postings), and I am wearing tired of having to constantly
>moderate on these young bucks, who contribute nothing but empty
>rhetoric and disrespectful posturing to this list. Not everybody has
>the emotional resilience or eloquence in writing to stand up to the
>ridicule & intimidation that are the hallmarks of their response to
>anyone who dares questions any of their allegations.  6) Many feel too
>intimidated to post as it is (3/4 of the subscribers have never
>posted), & I know several subscribers that even without the presence of
>NFL on the list are too scared to go public about the fact they have
>been/are thinking of experimenting with RAF's - this in spite of the
>many disclosures on the subject already on the list!!  They just do not
>feel they can deal with the scorn & prejudice that they are afraid they
>might receive from their vegan/vegetarian friends, if they publicize
>their dissidence. For this reason and out of respect to (perspective)
>newcomers to the list who, given the nature of many of the debates
>going on, might get offended or feel that the present name is false
>advertisement, we are considering changing the name from veg-raw to
>food-raw.

Points well taken, and ones I should consider myself more... They seem much
more important than the piddly issues I raised.

>>Further, I'd bet they speak for a segment of veg-rawer. I'm
>>especially curious if Renee and Eric are squirming at all, or if they
>>support such rhetoric (and the dropping of their names in such a
>>manner).

>Me too.

>>I miss their POI.

>So do I even though I am not sure of what it stands for.:-)

POV (point of view)--sorry :)

>>On the other hand, anyone who refuses to sign a post belongs on the
>>alt.knob newsgroup, not here. Go figgur, eh?

>What does knob mean in this context?

It means that of all their posturing, not signing a post has to be the most
absurd. Knob is a sarcastic term in this context...something quite hard to
admit to the moderator in a response to this particualr post...:) Does the
smiley buy me any time?

Cheers,
Kirt