RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 05:07:30 -0700
Gary,

"Here are some sources of pastured animal food on the Internet. As Stefan
said there will be fewer toxins.

In the USA and Canada: http://www.eatwild.com
In Canada: [log in to unmask]  (British
Columbia, phone: 250 653 9122).
In Europe: http://www.orkos.com  (Germany,
phone: 0 800 999 888 1)
More thoughts on food combining when eating instinctively. You might eat some
melon and then find a peach smells good. This does not mean it's a good time to
eat the peach. Foods are digested differently and it's better not to combine
certain foods. You might eat some wild fatty salmon, and then find a date or fig
tastes good, but it's not a good time to eat the sweet fruit. Think about how
early man ate. He did not get a nice fatty fish, then drag it around until he
found a fig tree, so he could sit under the fig tree, eat the fish, and have
some figs for dessert. But in todays society that's what we do. We go to the
store and get some fish and figs, and put them on our table. I learned this the
hard way after eating instinctively for 6 years. A good companion book to the
instinctive eating books is William L. Esser's Dictionary of Natural Foods,
available from the AmericanNatural Hygiene Society in Tampa, Florida."
Wish I could be at your durian party, Roman and Antje. Have fun.
Ellie