From:
Bill Peplinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:30:15 EDT
I am trying to determine the ID of my hard disk controller. My Dell Dimension
XPS B series with a PIII 933 MHz processor hit me with the following error
message: " The volume that was removed had open files on it. Next time please
check first to see that the volume can really be removed." I click "any key"
and get a wide assortment of stack dumps and other messages. Dell support
provided a link for a fix but the fix is for Promise Technology controllers.
My device manager says I am running an "Intel(r) 82801AA Ultra ATA
controller". Promise cautions against using their fix on anything but theirs.
Are they the same?

Thank you
Bill

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,