From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:14:09 -0700
Hello,

Your best bet here is going to be to install the drive from the dead
system as a slave to the drive in the good system. Just switching them
will cause all kinds of problems as the drive from the dead system has
the operating system set up for the dead system. Unless the two systems
were identical in every aspect [installed software included] it will
cause a lot of problems trying to just swap them out.

You will have to make sure the MASTER/SLAVE jumpers on the two drives
are set correctly, and you will need a drive cable that has connectors
for two drives. Make sure the drive already in the good system is set to
master, set the drive from the bad system as slave [it probably isn't
already as it was the master on the old system]

You can also install the drive in the good system as a master or slave
on the secondary IDE channel on your system. Your system should have two
IDE channeks, channel 0 and channel 1. Each of these will support two
IDE drives [hard drive, cd rom, cd burner, etc]

If you need help with this, make sure you give more detail about your
good system. What drives does it already have installed?

Later, Ray Parrish