From:
Jack RPR Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:46:51 -0400
We're using a Visioneer 8600 One-Touch scanner with ME - no problems
piggybacked to Zip-100 thyen to LPT2. had a b---h of a time trying to get
it to work with built-in USB, so wen't back to parallel. Don't know
anything about the 4100C. Plenty of cheap scanners around - even free
after rebates.

Jack Payton

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:10:01 EDT "Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Well folks, I still don't have my HP4100Cse scanner installed.  I
> have
> communicated with HP and Gateway and neither of their suggestions
> have worked
> <grrrrr>.  And neither of them seems to know why it is not working.
> So, does
> anyone out there have a flatbed scanner that is working great with
> WindowsME?
>  I mean one that installed without any problems and is working just
> fine.  I
> don't want anymore problems.  I have spent days trying to make this
> scanner
> work and it is just not going to happen.  I would prefer a USB.  I
> have
> thought about the Epson 1200U.  Does anyone have one working with
> WindowsME?
> I would appreciate any suggestions.  Also, I don't use a scanner
> that much,
> mostly sharing pictures through email etc., so I don't want to pay a
> lot for
> one.
>
> Thank you,
> Susan Hays