RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 10:11:55 -0700
On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 11:12:07 -0400, Liza May had this to say:

"Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, disease
is part of the web of life on earth."

This true, and fortunately so because disease is the healing process.

"Animals die of cancer and other diseases. Humans have been dying
from diseases for as long as there have been humans, long before
there were treatments."

Yes substances and influences antagonistic to human life are always
present. This is why the body has its built in ability to adapt and
overcome such within the boundaries of its organic laws of existence.

"A universe of the world's most excellent researchers, dedicated
organizations, alternative-health advocates, non-mainstream
"anti-cancer-establishment" leaders, international consortiums of
scientists, the most brilliant minds around the globe are looking at
every conceivable way to stop cancer."

This 'universe' of excellent researchers seems to have proven itself
rather ineffective. What they are looking for is a way to go on as we
are and not have cancer. I.E. Continue a negative life style but not
have to worry about the consequences. If these researchers had the
ability to change anything they would have advocated 'raw diet'
reform and fasting long ago.

"Sodium nitrite and charcoaled meat are carcinogenic. But telling
someone to cure their cancer by eating right is like telling someone
who started a forest fire that they can stop it by not lighting
any more matches."

Would not the cessation of match lighting be the first step? If
Sodium nitrite and charcoaled meat are carcinogenic, would it not
make sense to avoid them? In the chain of cause and effect if you
remove the cause you can have no effect.

"> Our bodies always do the right thing.

Bernard, you evidently don't want to face the reality that sometimes
the "right" thing has nothing to do with your body's own small role
in the wide scheme of things.

Guess what?  The "right" thing for your body might be to die of
cancer - you may be programmed genetically to die at a certain age,
of cancer or an infinite variety of other things that people die of.
Raw vegetables and meditation won't change this."

Medical science is a few hundred years old if that. The human race
has been around for thousands of years, without medical 'science' and
in spite of the voodoo doctors. There are more people now than ever.
This is a testament to the incredible adaptability of the the body.
This 'adaptability' betrays an intelligence far beyond the youthful
eyes of science. The body has healing abilities undreamed of by
science if given a chance.

"> After billions of years of life on
> earth, the God within, the inherent intelligence within each cell
of our
> bodies, has learned to make the optimum adaptation and resolution,
to any
> problem to which our bodies are subjected.

There is a myth - unfounded in science and laughed at by anyone with
even the simplest understanding of biology - that your body is
"programmed" only in the direction of health. This is incorrect. Lots
of bodies are defective, full of mutations and genes causing all
kinds of mischief."

The simplest understanding of biology should show you that the
tendency of the cell is always towards life. The point here would be
that if the cells 'don't know which way to go' then certainly no
doctor knows.

"> The cancer is an attempt of the God
> within us, to temporarily encapsulate the toxins in our bodies,

Huh? A cancer does not encapsulate anything. It does not surround
anything. What kind of nonsense are you telling people? A cancer is a
clump of cells - cells adhering one to the other - and multiplying at
a hugely rapid rate. There is no "encapsulating" of anything."

I would think cancer is the breaking down of the encapsulation. In
other words when the pocket of filth has been retained so long the
body can no longer control the natural processes within it, it
becomes cancer. The body is not superman. The idea is to get rid of
the accumulated toxins before they have a chance to rot inside the
body and become cancer. There are many ways of ridding the body of
toxemia. Rest, exercise, 'raw food', fasting, an optimistic attitude
about life.

"Chemotherapy is poison that is hoped to be more poisonous to the
cancer cell than to the healthy cells in the rest of the body."

The key word here is 'hoped'.

"No one anywhere thinks that chemotherapy is "good" for your body.
The fact that it is poisonous is precisely why it is useful - it is
an attack on cells that are multiplying out of control."

'poisonous is precisely why it is useful' and here at last lies the
fundamental flaw in your reasoning. A poison is never useful to the
cells. Poisons must always be eliminated. Poisons always enervate.
Remember that the effect of the body on some poison is not
immediately apparent. This does not mean it is 'harmless'. To believe
that cells innocently stand by well some 'magical army' of poison is
administered to eradicate some stronghold of 'bandit microbes'. Is to
believe in the good fairy. That is the wishful thinking of a Gary
Cooper movie.

"If we get lucky, chemicals will be created that can hone in on the
cancer only, and leave the rest of the cells alone. Many, many new
drugs are on the near horizon."

Get Lucky? Lets take control of our own lives. The laws of nature are
not based on luck. If they were 'science' would be dead in the water.
Come to have a philosophy rich with knowledge in the possibilities of
nature and optimistic with that knowledge.

"There is an area of cancer research that focuses on building up of
the immune system rather than attacking the out-of-control growth of
the cancer. No one wants to "burden" the body with more stresses on
it. This is not some radical "new" idea espoused only by natural
hygienists."

If no one wants to 'burden' the body, then don't.

:))