From:
Shirleyc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:52:47 +0200

Thanks to all who sent me info.

I asked for low cal/low bulk sources of gluten that can be used for a
challenge.

5 suggested gluten powder which can be purchased at Health Food
Stores/Baking Supply Stores/Grocery Stores. Suggestions were it can be
mixed with pretty much anything but specifically mentioned were meat,
applesauce, water or any liquid. Valerie says it is quite smooth and yummy
in beverages.

"It [gluten powder] is a great way to challenge a child without him/her
knowing it, so they don't readjust to the flavors of food when adding or
taking away gluten."

        Thanks Janet, can you come and feed me please?

        I gotta find this stuff  -haven't yet, Namibia aint big on
        anything that didn't originate on a corn cob, will keep
        searching - as you probably guessed from the sarcasm I
        am not Namibian, I'm a kiwi - maybe I should stick with
        the kiwi way - a kiwi eats roots and leaves  - appalling joke!!!!!

"Lo fat sandwiches made with whole wheat bread.  The less refined the
product is, the more gluten it has and probably the less fat." -vance

Totally unrelated to the topic but Vance insinuates he is either a bat or a
vampire. Anyone have any idea which? Doesn't sleep - just hangs from the
ceiling by his toenails he reckons! I was wondering if toenail dust is GF?
And if he is a vampire then how does he spot the GF blood sources - is that
why he is on this list - to find you!!!???!!!

regards
Shirley in Namibia, Southern Africa