From:
Alana Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:09:15 EDT

Hi,  I am a mother of an 8 year old that we think might have an intolerance
to glutton.

My daughter for years has complained of stomach aches and everytime we go to
the doctor they say there is nothing wrong.  Saturday while running errands I
had an Uh Huh moment when after her eatting a Hardees biscuit she was
clutching her stomach again..and I realzied it is everytime she eats
something with flour in it that causes this.. so today I closely checked
everything she ate and made sure it was glutton free and she has not had  a
stomach ache.   After doing alot of research though I am really confused
because she does not have the symtoms of someone that has Celiac,  She does
have diarraha often but it is not putrid smelling,  she is not thin, (quite
the contrary, losing 10 pounds would not hurt her)..she does not have thin
arms, limbs, etc and no loss of growth..most think she is tall for her age
(she is actually probley 50 percental) sooooo if she is not allergic to the
wheat what is giving her the horrible stomach aches??

Also I read about the rash they say some do get..she has had a very bad rash
for years.. 1 doctor said he thought we was allergic to Downy and to stop
using it.. One said he thought she has exzemma... but the rash is exactly
what I have found described, except they say children do not show that
symptom..it is something that adults get..

Any ideas out there?? You all are the experts.. :)

Anyway, I am glad to find you all.. I have alot to learn

Alana