EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
David Schwarte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:49:53 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have recently been volunteered for a project to use RepidText NoteView
and Microsoft NetMeeting on a laptop for real-time transcription.  So far
we have been able to get the software working and done a sample
transcription through RapidText.  For the test we used the microphone
headset we use for voice input.  We were told the speech was unpleasent to
listen to and would be difficult to transcribe for this reason.  I have
also been told that this real-time transcription system will be used by an
instructor in a classroom setting and should be wireless.  I know a little
about what kinds of headset, corded microphones work for voice input to a
computer which is not very helpful in this case except for telling me that
there a variety of microphones out there and some, if not many, would not
work for this application.  Has anyone used a wireless microphone in this
type of application and could give me an idea of a microphone that would work?

Thanks very much for your help.

David Schwarte

Name:   David Schwarte
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]