EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:44:16 -0500
7bit
From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

Oh, you mean it's like a open network where the files are stored?  You
mean MS is now in the business of offering web storage?  If that's the
case, then I suggest that Freedom Scientific teach their
representatives about telnet.  Last time I had a discussion with a
representative from there about JFW, he didn't know what I meant by
Telnet.  I don't see how one is supposed to retrieve one's files
unless you use FTP instead of telnet.  But what if you want to edit a
file that is in your bin?  That's when you're going to need Telnet or
something.

You're right about the accessibility issues too.  What if you use
someone else's computer?  Can you access your stuff yourself?  This
"sounds" good, but I don't think it's going to fly!  May as well go
back to offering shell accounts.  That's what they're trying to
reinvent.  Sheesh!  Can't those doophusses earn their salaries any
other way than to spend it reinventing the wheel?

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  [log in to unmask]                   ICQ Number:  33006854