EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jim Rebman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:28:10 -0700
Folks,

I need a little advice that is not directly related to assistive tech, so
if somebody who has some info for me could mail me off-list with this, I
would appreciate it.

My laptop is about to die and I have ordered a new one and I am trading in
the old one and need to find a way to ensure that the hard drive is
securely formatted with no possibility of somebody being able to recover
any data from it.

Does anybody know how to do this, or if there is some kind of utility I can
try?

Thanks,

Jim

James A. Rebman

Cognitive Levers Project
Center for Life-Long Learning and Design (L3D)
University of Colorado, Boulder

"In times of change, the learners will inherit the earth, while the learned
will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists."
- Eric Hoffer