EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ross Eadie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:26:47 -0600
Peter,

The major problem with what you want, and what I want is, there are too
many different copyright acts or laws in the world.  I do believe authors
and publishers should be able to protect their works and make money, but I
don't want their right to take presidence over mine.  A balance would be
much better.  Your idea Peter is more balanced.  However, I would prefer
being able to purchase my reading material from the publisher or book
store.  I would also like to take out my reading material from my local
library or what ever system is setup to deliver service locally.  If
publishers want to create their own shopping and lending service, all the
power to them - none of this charitable or not for profit stuff.  Charity
and not for profit avenues are less productive and inefficient when work
gets duplicated.  Let us harness the energy to move in a different
direction that meets everyone's needs.
---
Ross Eadie
Voice:  (204) 339-5287