EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ross Eadie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:49:21 -0600
Hi Folks,

This message might be slightly off topic.  So, please send responses
directly to me at [log in to unmask]  I am interested in knowing how
individuals feel about having to use this special service to obtain
electronic texts when the publisher already has these electronic texts?  I
know we are moving towards getting information a.s.a.p. no matter how
because we need the information.  However, I just get sick about all the
extra work that it takes to scan and edit books already available.  I just
want to buy the book in an accessible format for about the same prioce as a
print reader, or I just want to borrow the book from my library in Winnipeg
to read in an accessible format.  Please send me some email with your
answers as there are some of us in Canada who want to make sure accessible
formats are available to Canadians, and we would like to know the
perspective of our neighbours who are often considered in the making of law
in Canada.
---
Ross Eadie
Voice:  (204) 339-5287