From:
Rick Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 06:44:21 -0400
At 10:21 PM 9/23/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>(EDIT)
>The machine worked fine for about a month.  It absolutely will not boot.
>The case and CPU fans run, but there is not post performed.
(EDIT)

Mike-

Remove all of the cards except the video card (which you have tested in
another computer and is known good, right?), and pull the power and
connecters to everything except the motherboard (the floppy, cdrom, HD and
whatever else you might have in there like a Zip drive or whatever).

Turn the machine on and see if it enters POST. If so, start adding things
back in until you find the bad component. I've seen times when a faulty
component with a motor (all of the drives) could load down the power supply
to the point where the machine would not start.

HTH-

Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL. USA

                     visit our download web page at: