From:
Chew Yoke Lim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:08:05 +0800
Hello All

I shall appreciate it very much if someone knowledgeable about or
familiar with the technical specifications of the following two
graphics cards can give me some pointers as to which is better in
price/performance.

I have narrowed my choices to the following with descriptions
(roughly) as given by the vendor:

1. Leadtek-manufactured Winfast GeForce 2 Titanium with 64MB
DDR RAM and VGA and TV output, and which comes with 3-D
glasses for every two units; or

2. MSI (Micro-Star International) MS-8836 nVidia GeForce 2
Titanium Pro VTG with 64MB DDR RAM and TV Out, Video In,
DVD software, and which comes with 3-D glasses for every one
unit.

The prices in my area for the two units of each are about similar,
with the MSI being marginally more expensive (about $3.00) but it
comes with two 3-D glasses compared to one from Leadtek.  The
vendor of Winfast pointed out that the card is superior because it
has more layers on the it, but has the MSI card fewer layers?

I assume that they are both compatible with a P4 mainboard and
should be of 1.5V, but this is not clear from the vendors, whom I
had contacted by telephone.

Another concern is whether they have XP drivers, and I shall also
appreciate information on this.

Thanks for any advice.

Chew Yoke Lim
P O Box 10806