From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:14:21 -0400
I, too, am confused by the responses to this problem.  I have built,
repaired, re-built, re-installed, and so on, over 500 PC's in the last 5-7
years.  These machines have included just about every PC on the market,
including name-brands and clones.  I have NEVER had a Ctrl+Alt+Del reboot a
machine running Windows 95a, 95b, 95c, 98, 98SE, ME, 2000 or XP.  I never
worked much with Windows NT, but I don't recall it happening with that OS
either.

Perhaps, as the original poster asked, there may be some BIOS/CMOS setting
on those computers that triggers a reboot.  Mind you, I have never seen
this setting either, but it certainly is possible.  Other than that, I can
tell you that it is not SUPPOSED to happen on the first Ctrl-Alt-Del
sequence with any of those OS's.

Is it also possible that a particular type of keyboard could trigger this
response?