Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:13:38 +1000
I don't deal with MSI board much, but with my recent experience with MSI, I
had no problem with win2k or any windows OS. However, I did notice that MSI
board does not handle IRQ well. What you need to do, is to move PCI card
around, sometimes, you need to disable COM port to free one or two IRQs.
Once windows is up and running, you may enable IRQ sharing (eg. for SB card
under win9x, either disable SB 16 emulation or share its IRQ with printer
port), and enable COM port back in BIOS.

I had few times that win2k won't install (result BSOD, says BIOS is not ACPI
compatible, flashed with latest BIOS/change mobo won't solve the problem),
but once I move PCI card to other slot, or using my "disable COM port
trick", win2k just run perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Jun Qian