From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:19:13 -0400
Well you certainly have alot of choices! :) I personally recommend ASUS
motherboards to most people, I have had a few and all were well where the
slight premium I might have paid for them. As for chipset there are a few
out there, I recommend you go for one with DDR support, I personally
recommend the AMD760 chipset, it is still up there in performance and is
solid as a rock. ASUS's board based on the 760 is the A7M266, getting a
little rare though. TTYL

> A group of us are beginning the construction of our own computers as a
> learning experience.    Currently I am researching motherboards.  I am
> interested in recommendations for stable, reliable, compatible ATX or NLX
> motherboards.  Any other advice (pitfalls, etc.) would be most welcome as
> well.  (Yes we do realize that it is going to cost us more then buying a
> complete unit - but what a great way to learn!)
>
> Note we are looking at the AMD Duron (800-1000MHZ) and Athlon 1.4
> processors.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com