Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:09:49 -0700
I appreciate the help, however I had tried everything on the
viahardware.com, kt7 faq, Santa Cruz, Sonic Fury, Abit, and Highpoint, sites
to try to get this problem solved before I had asked my question.  At the
same time I posted here, I asked the same question in the [H]ardopc forum
http://www.hardforum.com and received a response that has almost completely
fixed the problem (I still get a little soft static through the speakers on
a few start-up and close actions).

It seems that the Epox boards with RAID are having the same problems as I
have on my Abit board, so I tried the fix recommended by the folks there for
the Epox boards.  Load and Run the old (two versions back) 1.03b1 (Beta)
drivers for the Highpoint controller.  In so doing I had to re-flash the
BIOS to the older ZT as it embeds the 1.03b1.

Thanks again,

Eric Heath