From:
Pat Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 14:19:17 -0600
On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, catherine williamson wrote:

> Ray
> I hope I understand you correctly - I should try the
> reset connection first but with the computer off, then
> do the other connections with the computer on?
> I do have a turbo switch but if it's useless then I
> won't bother.
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> Patrick
> Thanks for translating the Chinese site. I was going
> to try Babelfish but I don't think they have that
> language. I suppose GND means "Ground" - one of the
> Green wires? What does N/C mean?
>
> Cathy

Cathy,

From my last response, GND does mean "Ground" and most often, its wire
color is black, but it could be green, depending on what manufacturer
prefers.  N/C means "No Connection" (ie. no wire needs to be or
should be connected there).  From your original post, we know your system
is working, but only without any indicator light or reset function.  If
you did find the CN8 connector on the motherboard as I suggested in my
last post, and if you connect the two-wire connector, labelled "Reset"
from amongst the bundles of wires coming from the front panel of the tower
case to pins 12 and 13, you should be able to reset the system by pushing
the "Reset" button.  But of course, the system must be powered up!  Beware
Windows OS's do not fancy your pushing the "Reset" button at an
inappropriate time.

Regards,

Patrick