From:
"Ian C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:36:37 -0400
I've been lucky buying PIII systems (from 700MHz and up) and haven't payed
more than $600 for any unit purchased.  The sites listes below are the
auctions sites I've been using.  With patience, luck and smarts one can come
away with a good deal.  Check products specs carefully; not all items are
new, some are refurbs. All are warrantied.  Also, keep shipping charges in
mind (once I payed more for shipping than I did for the quantity of NICs I'd
"won").   WARNING:  Very addictive (at least I'm hooked; after all, how many
PCs do I really need at home? No as many as I own, but, damn, they were so
affordably priced).

http://www.egghead.com/aa/auctions.htm

http://www.dealdeal.com/

http://www.ubid.com/

Ian Carmichael
NY, NY

> My niece has asked me for advise: given a US$800 dollar budget to acquire
a PC for home office use, and having no need for a monitor, she'd like to
get the most for her employer's money. I'd appreciate the lists input as to
what and where to search. Thought she should get Win 2K, or 98SE as OS on
AMD cpu. List's input is TIA.
> Tomas Santos

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml