From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:45:15 -0500
From: "Bob Gariepy" :Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 11:30 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] recycle bin

> The recycle bin has disappeared from my pc. How do I get it back? I`m using win 98 se.
>           Thanks

Bob,

If you have a recent backup up your registry, you can boot to DOS from your boot disk, run scanreg, and restore a good backup. This should restore your Recycle Bin, but you'll lose anything you've done since your last registry backup.

If you are comfortable with editing the registry:
Open the Registry Editor--select Start, Run, type

Regedit

and click OK--and navigate your way to
\CurrentVersion\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace. In the left pane,
right-click the NameSpace key and select New, Key. Type exactly

 {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

and press Enter. (Tip: To save yourself some typing, copy the above
line to your Clipboard, then press Ctrl-V after selecting New, Key,
above.) In the right pane, right-click (Default) and select Modify. In
the resulting Edit String dialog box, on the Value data line, type

Recycle Bin

and click OK. Close the Registry Editor, click the desktop once, press
F5 (for refresh), and there's your Recycle Bin icon!

Mary Wolden

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com