From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 04:06:44 -0700
Stanislav, I refer you to this message about your mobo from someone who had
a similar one and checked it out:
 >The voltage specifications for the coppermine processors are as follows
>  >Pentium iii (Coppermine)  External voltage = 3.3,  Core voltage = 1.65 .
>  >Now as for the voltage support for your motherboard, the only one that I
see
>  >that will support a P-III 700 is the SY-6BA+100. If this is the board
that
>  >you have you should have no problem with your new processor. If you are
>  >using the SY-6BA+IV, this supports up to 600MHz, all the other 6BA
models do
>  >not support a 700MHz processor and have even been discontinued.
>
> I have SY-6BA+IV and they (www.soyousa.com)
> display additional table where 700MHz and even 800 MHz are.
>
> You can find that in Support-FAQ-CPU Related section:
>
>                           PIII SLOT I
>                     Model       PIII CPU (MHz)
>         650     667     700     733     750     800     800EB
>
> 6BA+IV  Y       N       Y       N       Y       Y       N
>
> Also I see that in my BIOS settings.
> My doubts are only about core voltage but I can't get this info.
> If this board support PIIIs does that mean it can produce 1.65v
> in CPU auto-detect mode ?

Stanislav
Your board will support P-III CPUs, and yes I saw this table in the FAQ's on
the soyo site. I also saw the tables for the the coppermine CPU and your
board is not listed there. As I said before, the only SY-6BA model that
supports Coppermine is the SY-6BA+100. The CPU you ordered, if it is a
coppermine is the Intel Pentium III 700E FC-PGA, and your board does not
support FC-PGA processors, and since this board has been discontinued, there
is probably a very slim chance that you will find a bios upgrade to get the
board to accept a coppermine. I would avoid doing the upgrade and instead of
getting the coppermine, change your order to a regular P-III 700.

Hi Joel M. Blackman!   At 08:53 PM 4/1/01 -0700 you wrote:

 >I have an Intel 800 EB for which the core voltage is 1.65.  My BIOS
 >recommends that although I can change the core voltage that I not do so.
 >am running it on an Asus P3V4X mobo.  If your mobo doesn't support that
core
 >voltage I'd suggest you not do the upgrade.  Joel

The last your sentence is my question.
I know nothing about Vcore of my motherboard in VID mode.

--
Stanislav Rabinovich

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>