From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:00:55 +1100
yeah, the coconut milks i have bought are all like yours. This is normal
considering 125ml of coconut milk is really around 16-23g fat depending
on the brand.. that makes it like most other nuts (except its sat. fat
not mono), where the food should be classed as a Fat and not a Carb or
Protein. Coconut "milk" is probably closer to milk cream in composition.
Its not really a "milk". Its very nice yeah :) Some people have bagged
it, but considering it is used in large amounts on the Pacific Islands,
and these guys are very healthy despite habits like smoking etc. makes
me use some coconut each day.

reg.,
Dean.

From:    Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Coconut Milk Question
I bought some coconut milk the other day to make a few
of the recipes from the paleo recipe page and was
surprised to see that the "milk" was mostly solid.  I
shook it as directed, but it was still mostly solid
when I emptied the can.  I stirred it up and it was
quite thick.  Is this the way it is supposed to be?  I
have never bought coconut milk before and am not sure