From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:57:09 EDT
Wally,

> I, for one, have to eat fruit either all by itself or
as a "appetizer" 10-15 minutes before a meal. If I eat
fruit with - or after - a meal, I get terrible
intestinal gas and/or indigestion.

I don't have "terrible" problems if I do this.  But I did notice today that I
had quite a bit of gas after lunch.  I had a spinach salad with beef on top,
and then afterwards I had some watermelon.  I don't know if the gas was from
the watermelon after a meal.  Maybe I should try to pay more attention.

> Now, on to my question. In light of the recent
discussion of the non-paleoness of vinegar, does
anyone have interesting suggestions for salad
dressings?

I haven't (yet?) stopped using vinegar myself, but I imagine you could
substitute lemon juice or lime juice for vinegar.  My salad dressings are
usually pretty simple--olive oil with balsamic vinegar or flax oil with raw
cider vinegar.  I haven't tried the citrus substitution yet, but I will.

     - Sheryl