From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:15:45 -0400
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Paul Sand wrote:

> That's why I started to gain fat while being in deep ketosis and this does
> not happen when I'm in a borderline ketosis. In many books you can find the
> opposite suggestion (the deeper ketosis the more fat you loose).

This is my experience too.  I think this has something to do with
caloric intake.  If I'm eating quite a lot of fat, I show deeper
ketosis, presumably because I'm making more ketones than I can
use, so more are spilling out in the urine, but at the same time
I'm storing some as body fat.  I'm burning fat, but it's not body
fat, and I'm storing fat at an even greater rate.  Fasting, my
ketosis is in the "trace" to "mild" range.

Todd Moody