From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:15:45 EDT
I flipped through this book at the bookstore and decided to try some of the
suggestions such as blocking out more light in our bedroom and covering
digital clocks etc.  I live in a NYC highrise and it occured to me that even
with the venetion blinds down, a great deal of skyscraper lights shine
through.  So I bought the blackout shades and I've noticed MUCH more intense
dreams.  I'm wondering if this is because of increased melatonin production?
Any way, I did this in the winter, and now that it is summer, I'm wondering
if the bedroom is too dark.  With the shades up, a room naturally gets
gradually lighter during the morning hours, but now, with the blackout
shades, the room stays quite dark.  Thoughts?