BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Take the last sled out before the avalanche, Rosebud
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:06:28 -0800
Of course I would eat tripe, it is delicious.  I also eat heart and tongue.
I draw the line on liver--YUK, kidneys and  brains.  I am not about to eat
blood sausage either although I got caught once and helped make it.  When I
was a kid we would take the pig's bladder  and blow it up for a balloon.
My uncle eats pickled pigs feet but I never felt so inclined.  We used to
render our own lard and after the lard was squeezed out what was left my
mother called scrapple, although other folks call it something different.
We'd put salt on it and eat it.  It was good but, of course, pure fat but
there wasn't that much of it and it was only once a year.  We don't raise
our own hogs anymore and the last few years we did we had them done at a
slaughter house so we didn't get all the good stuff except you could ask
them to save you the heart and liver.  Ruth the Hick

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT